We understand that when you have building work undertaken that it can become quite a burden upon your daily schedule and lifestyle. Having builders working around your property is quite an exciting time as you are having repairs or improvements done and you can’t wait to see the results, although essentially there are strangers in your personal space, we are very aware of this here at Wirral Builders. It is for this reason that we train all of our staff to minimise the mess, noise and fuss they create when doing their job. We want you to feel as if we show you respect and also to your neighbors also.
We know you will have a lot of questions about the building process because we speak to people just like you everyday and that’s why we have created this FAQ page. Of course you are welcome to give us a call or use our contact form if you would like to ask anything else.
- I don’t have a driveway, I need a skip so is it a problem?
- No, we can work around this either by having the skip legally placed on the road or by removing the waste by other means.
- Do I need to get planning permission for my building project?
- It depends. The government has relaxed the planning law recently and more can be built under permitted development. If you are unsure please give us a call.
- Can I change the design of my build after the work has began?
- It is possible although it means you will get a different price than originally agreed (of course we will discuss this with you first), the price you are originally quoted is for the work specified, changes in specification mean changes in cost and therefore price.
- Do you complete all of the work yourselves?
- We have a wide skills range among our selected subcontractors and we trust them. Most builders will do the building work themselves and then ask other traders to do the final finish such as decorating and we are no different. We only work with time served and trusted tradesmen.
- Are you insured?
- Yes. Insurance is a legal requirement and we are fully covered so rest assured that should anything go wrong you are in safe hands.
- Can I see references of your previous work?
- Of course you can! We are proud of what we do and we are happy to put you in touch with our previous customers so that you can ask them about us. We have nothing to hide and are glad to say the majority of our work comes from word of mouth recommendations.
- Do I need pay upfront?
- It depends what you have done. In most instances we agree a price with you prior to the work being carried out and may ask for a deposit or money for some materials, particularly for jobs that require specialist materials. If you project is a big one such as the building of a new house then we can agree with you to take payment in stages during the build to match up with the phases required.